STYSA Hall of Fame Member Profile
Inducted into STYSA Hall of Fame: July 20, 2003
Currently serves as Chairman, South Texas Youth Soccer Association Rules Committee which he began in 1994. Roy currently has a private practice in civil law in Austin and has done so for the past 20 years.
- Former four term President of South Texas Youth Soccer; Roy served STYSA during a most difficult period. With his leadership the Associations current By-laws and Constitution were established.
- Family: 3 boys
- Under-10 Boys’ Commissioner for South Austin Youth Soccer Association – organized the Under-10 program of over 200 players
- President, South Austin Youth Soccer Association (SAYSA)
- Rewrite of the SAYSA Constitution, By Laws and Rules
- SAYSA became the second largest soccer association in CAYSA by growing from approximately 600 players to 1,000 boys and girls playing each Spring and Fall season
- Secretary, Capitol Area Youth Soccer Association and Chairperson of committee that rewrote the CAYSA Constitution, By Laws and Rules
- Licensed USSF Referee
- President, Capitol Area Youth Soccer Association (CAYSA), an association of 21 different local, member associations or leagues representing over 8,000 players in each of the two seasons. While president of CAYSA, with the assistance of some very able people, the following were accomplished:
- Wrote and obtained passage of the South Texas small-sided Team Rules
- Wrote and obtained passage of the South Texas Disciplinary and Protest Procedures
- Member of South Texas Standing Budget Committee
- Represented South Texas Youth Soccer at several University Interscholastic League (regulates high school play) meetings in Austin
- Created and distributed the first CAYSA Administrative Handbook
- Added five new associations to CAYSA Membership bringing total CAYSA registration to over 8,000 players, making CAYSA the largest member association in South Texas.
- Established a program whereby CAYSA sponsors and pays for at least one “D” License Coaches’ Clinic and one “F” License Clinic prior to each soccer season
- Established a program whereby CAYSA sponsors and pays for at least two USSF Referee Clinics prior to each soccer season
- The first CAYSA girls’ select team league was established during this administration.
- A girls’ all-star program was implemented which yearly recognized the best female players in CAYSA during this administration.
- Implemented a CAYSA-wide, inter-association coaches’ pre-season meeting to coordinate all recreational, inter-association play.
- CAYSA stimulated more participants in South Texas Olympic Development Program than ever before and obtained three players on the National Under-16 team during this administration.
- The first weekly soccer column appeared in the largest local newspaper during this administration
- Established small association Fall Tournaments in Alice, Hondo, Laredo and Del Rio . Teams from these smaller associations compete against each other with the scheduling and awards supplied by South Texas
- Established the first newsletter for STYSA
- Member , United States Youth Soccer Association Rules Committee
- Chairman , US Youth Soccer Association Region III Nominations Committee
- Participated in the Soccer Summit in Chicago, Illinois. This was a planning session sponsored by US Soccer Federation to plan the future of the sport through the year 2005.
- Treasurer, US Youth Soccer