STYSA Hall of Fame Member Profile
Inducted into STYSA Hall of Fame: July 20, 2002
Long time supporter of youth soccer in Georgetown, Texas, Ray was instrumental in automating the State Office while it was located there. His experience with coaching his own children stood him in good fashion while he helped shape the continually changing needs of administrating the many different areas of soccer. Family: 3 children, 5 grandchildren.
- Helped form Georgetown Soccer Association
- President & Registrar of Georgetown Soccer Association
- Helped bring varsity soccer to Georgetown High School
- President of Capitol Area Youth Soccer Association.
- Chairman of STYSA Rules Committee – Re-wrote Constitution, By-Laws & Rules; Committee set up weighted voting structure, current officer make-up and two districts
- Set up South Texas Youth Soccer Association State Office – contracted with South Texas for office services
- Served on South Texas Discipline & Protest Committee and Western District Discipline & Protest Committee
- Established, edited and published STYSA Shootout and managed computerized registration database
- President, Georgetown High School Soccer Booster Club
- President, Georgetown High School Soccer Booster Club – club established four college scholarships for GHS players
- Developed club, association and state registration programs for South Texas