We exist to make soccer the preeminent sport in South Texas by sharing our passion for the game through diverse programs and enriching experiences.
To be the recognized leader of youth soccer at all levels for our diverse membership.
What is the Olympic Development Program (ODP)?
STX ODP seeks to identify elite players from all over the state with the intention of developing those players with supplemental training in a competitive environment while exposing them to opportunities for success at higher levels of competition.
STX ODP offers the following benefits:
- Training and playing with top players in your age group from around the state to work hand in hand with the clubs to supplement the day to day club training environment.
- Instruction from highly-qualified coaches
- Competition against other states’ ODP teams
- Exposure to USYS Regional Scouts, US Soccer Scouts, Development Academy Coaches, Regional team scouts, and College coaches
- The opportunity to represent South Texas and the South region in competition.
- Annual International trips for State Team selections (www.stxsoccer.org/odp/internationaltrips)
US Youth Soccer Breakdown
US Youth Soccer is divided into four regions, each of which offers Regional Trials for state association teams in each eligible age group. South Texas is in the South Region, along with North Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida.
For more information about the history of the US Youth Soccer Olympic Development Program CLICK HERE.