Certified Youth Academy Program
Our certified Youth Academy Program uses a defined curriculum and player-centered developmental focus to provide optimal playing environments for players registered as 10 years of age or under. The program focuses on the complete development of each player and provides an opportunity for boys and girls to learn through playing, emphasizing the process of both skill acquisition and tactical understanding.
- To emphasize player development over team development.
- To focus on the development of each child without the pressures of short-term wins, losses or results.
- To develop ball skill and decision making in the game with a fun and dynamic atmosphere for players.
- To educate parents on the sport and their role as a supporter of their child's long-term athletic development.
- To prepare younger players for the transition into competitive select soccer.
- To offer a program will follows recommendations and guidelines from U.S. Youth Soccer and the United States Soccer Federation for small-sided play.
- To help clubs reduce travel and lower the expense for younger players and their families.
Clubs looking to participate in the Youth Academy Program must complete an annual application. The application will be reviewed by the State Technical Director and shared with your local member association to ensure that all clubs and coaches are in good standing.
For 2020-2021 Seasonal Year
- New Youth Academy Program Applications are due July 15, 2020 for Fall 2020
- Returning Youth Academy Programs must resubmit by completing the 2020/2021 application. Please indicate any changes at the below link no later than July 15, 2020.
- New Youth Academy Program Applications for Spring 2020 are due December 1, 2020.
Once your club program is approved, you will be able to join an Academy League. An Academy League is administered through your local member association. STX Youth Soccer works with all Association leads to provide oversight, resources, and flexible organizational models to ensure that all Leagues are successful.
*All Youth Academy members must follow these STX Youth Soccer Academy Player Guidelines
All South Texas Youth Academy Clubs and League receive support at multiple levels from our State Technical Department. The Youth Academy Program club and players must be registered with STX Soccer in order to receive the benefits, including:
- Organizational structure and models for league and program design
- Handbook on how to create and operate a successful Youth Academy Program
- Curriculum designed specifically for the age and ability of the youth players
- Sample training sessions
- Opportunities to attend State coaching clinics and courses
- Educational meetings/webinars for coaches, parents and players
- Informational material to distribute to parents and players
- Assistance with organizing Academy Festivals
Download our FAQ document for more information.
For more information about our Youth Academy Program please contact Jene' Baclawski.