2017 DIRECTORS CUP
A South Texas State Competition
Directors Cup is an open entry competition for all Division II and Division III teams along with Super II teams that did not qualify for Presidents Cup. NEW THIS YEAR - U11 and U12 - Division I teams not seeded into State Cup will be eligible to participate in Directors Cup (United Bracket Only) in Spring 2017. This competitions is open to U11 through U20 boys and girls teams. The U11 and U12 age group only will have 2 Brackets; the United Bracket (more competitive) and the Classic Bracket (less competitive). Teams will select their Bracket Option when registering (U11/12 D1 teams not participating in State Cup will only be eligible for the United Bracket).
STYSA 2017-2018 Competitions Model
The entry fee for the 2017 Directors Cup for the U11-U14 Age Groups will be $475.
The entry fee for the 2017 Directors Cup for the U15-U19 Age Groups will be $500.
Directors Cup Roster - Directors Cup Rosters will be based on the team's Official Roster. Please adhere to your Local Club/Member Association roster deadlines/freezes for transfers/adds/releases. The Directors Cup Roster will be the Official Spring Roster as created by the team's Local Member Association according to their deadlines and policies. There are no Club Passes or Guest Players allowed for Directors Cup.
UPDATE: 3/15 Spring Cup Manual - CLICK HERE
Directors Cup Welcome Letter - CLICK HERE
Game Day Procedures - Will be Posted Shortly
2017 Registration (GotSoccer):
- Check the District Seeding list that applies to your team and register for the Cup your team is seeded in. Found on the State Cup and President Cup Webpages.
- If your intent is to try and qualify for a higher Cup than the one your team is seeded in, you will also need to select the Open Bracket Registration link and register for that Cups' Open Bracket. Both registrations are required! Please review the Open Bracket Document.
- The following is for WESTERN DISTRICT teams and DDL U11-14 teams: Since Leagues will be playing games into April, it may not be clear which cup your team should register for based on your current league standings. Please follow the below instructions:
- Register for the Lower Cup. For example: If, based on your Spring results, your team could be seeded into Directors Cup or Presidents Cup, you would register in Directors Cup. If your team could be seeded into Presidents Cup or State Cup, please register for Presidents Cup. The State Office will work with the specific leagues to identify accurate seeding and will move teams into the Cup they are seeded in after final standings are established.
- Extremely Important - If your team's Seed and Cup are dependent upon Spring results and your intention/desire is to play in the Higher Cup, teams will need to register for the Higher Cups' Open Bracket as well. Teams must be registered in the Open Bracket by March 1st in order to be. If your Seeding/Cup is currently not identified and based on Spring League Results (and your intention is to play in the higher Cup), your team would register for the Lower Cup and also the Open Bracket of the Higher Cup.
IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE & CONSIDERED FOR THE OPEN BRACKET TEAMS MUST REGISTER BY MARCH 1ST!
Directors Cup Registration - CLOSED!
Open Bracket Registration - State Cup/Presidents Cup Open Bracket - Now Open! CLICK HERE
- UPDATED 2/23 with Format and Cost Information - Open Bracket - Detailed Description - CLICK HERE
UPDATED 3/1 : Non-STYSA/US Youth Soccer Clubs/Teams Integration and Participation in Spring Cups - Requirements/Process - CLICK HERE
South Texas Youth Soccer partners with Successful Sporting Events to help accommodate teams participating in our events. A link to available hotels will be published once locations/hotels are confirmed.
2017 District Playoff Locations (April 22-23, 2017): TBA
Eastern District Boys & Girls: George Bush Park (16756 Westheimer Parkway, Houston, TX 77082)
Western District Boys: San Antonio (ASP/CC)*
Western District Girls: U11-U12 - Manor (CAYSA Fields)*; U13 and up - San Antonio (Mission City)*
*Western District Fields may be subject to change based on the final registration numbers. The fields used will be ASP/CC, CAYSA Fields and Mission City.
2017 State Finals Location (May 6-7, 2017):
Hosted in the Western District: Mission City Soccer Complex (2600 Red Hill Ln, San Antonio, TX 78264)
|2017 GENERAL TIMELINE
January 10, 2017: Directors Cup Registration Opens
March 1, 2017: Directors Cup Entry Deadline for all teams
March 20, 2017: Directors Cup Payment Deadline for all teams
April 8/9, 2017 (If Needed): Play-in Date to a higher Cup (Presidents Cup Open Bracket)
April 22/23, 2017: District Play Date and District Playoffs.
April 29/30, 2017: Rain Date
May 6/7, 2017: Directors Cup State Finals Weekend
Additional information regarding Directors Cup will be published here as it becomes available.
For any questions regarding the South Texas Directors Cup, please contact Andrew Frisque at the South Texas Youth Soccer state office.