The STYSA Coaching Education Department is pleased to announce the creation Grassroots Soccer Program which incorporates both the Grassroots Festivals and Grassroots Coaching Certifications.
A STYSA Grassroots Festival follows recommendations from the FIFA Grassroots program. It is a one-day event designed to allow as many players as possible to play the game of soccer in a fun-filled environment. The festivals incorporate both dynamic age-appropriate activities and small-sided games. All players will have the opportunity to learn and improve their skills while moving through stations with the various activities and games. A member of the STYSA coaching education staff will be onsite to help run the festival by assisting in the organization of the fields, use of equipment, design of appropriate player activities and small-sided games.
Benefits of hosting a Grassroots Festival
- A player-centered program
- The festival focuses on girls and boys between the ages of 6-12 and can involve as many players as possible in the event regardless of the range of abilities.
- Create a sense of community and pride in your local association or club
- Festivals are a perfect way to kick off the season or celebrate the end of the year.
- Provide additional opportunities for coaching education
- The Grassroots Festival can also incorporate coaching education by involving the club’s coaches directly in the on field activities with supervision of the STYSA coach in attendance.
- Opportunities to engage parents and provide education
- Festivals are a great way to involve parents and provide education on a variety of topics that meet your needs. You can use the festival as a way to communicate your association/clubs goals and mission statement directly to families.
- A Grassroots Festival can be tailored to fit the needs of the organization hosting the festival and there are endless possibilities. Festivals can be adjusted based on facilities and the number and/or ages of players. The maximum recommended duration for a festival is 90 minutes.
- STYSA Grassroots Festival - $500
- Festival combined with a Grassroots Coaching Certification Course - $250
Different configurations of festivals are possible based on the anticipated number of players involved, fields available, and the overall scope of the event (i.e. launch the beginning of season). STYSA will provide a Festival Instructor who is a member of our State Coaching Education Staff. The instructor will help arrange the fields, set the rotation of the players and the length of the stations. They will assist the site coordinator in organizing all of the logistical matters (material, water, distribution of the teams, etc.) and oversight at the event. The Instructor will also be an onsite resource for providing coach and parent education during the Grassroots Festival.
NEW: Financial Assistance for Grassroots Festivals
The STYSA office wants to help make the Grassroots Festival Program affordable for your organization and has a limited amount of funding available for organizations who wish to schedule a Festival. If you are interested in hosting a Grassroots Festival but are unable to cover the full cost, STYSA may be able to provide financial assistance to help bring this program to your area.
For more information about the South Texas Grassroots Program please contact Jene’ Baclawski, Assistant Director of Coaching, at email@example.com