ODP TRAINING CENTERS
(This is NOT ODP Tryouts)
Boys and Girls born in 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007
are eligible for ODP Training Centers
The Training Centers help prepare players for the upcoming ODP tryouts for the State Pool. Players who are selected to the State Pool have the potential to represent South Texas at Region III camp the following summer as part of the State Team. In addition, during each Training Center, players will be evaluated and possibly recommended for US Soccer Market Training Centers. The South Texas ODP Staff is comprised of current professional, college, high school, and top level youth program coaches from throughout South Texas. We recognize that their knowledge and experience are an important factor in your child's development as a soccer player and their professionalism makes our Training Center environment top-notch.
Click here to see how Training Centers fit in the ODP Process in South Texas.
ODP Training Centers serve as an introduction to ODP, giving parents and players an opportunity to experience the program while learning what will be expected of them, as well as, what they can expect from ODP. Therefore, the Training Centers are marketed to the four youngest years of eligibility. However, they are open to any play wishing to participate especially if they have not previously participated in ODP. The STX Training Centers are geared to improve each player’s technical proficiency and tactical awareness. The demands presented to each player during the sessions will prepare them for the upcoming tryouts for the South Texas ODP Training Pool and the potential to represent South Texas at Region III camp in the summer.
Follow us on Twitter for up-to-the-minute information
on ODP including WEATHER DELAYS at @STYSAOrg
DATES and LOCATIONS (Registration links below)
- College Station - November 5 (for birth years 2001 to 2007)
- Training Center Registration fee is $75 or less depending on location. The registration fee pays for two sessions, a morning and an afternoon training session.
- Onsite registration is electronic and therefore must be made by credit card. No cash or check registrations onsite
- Although recommended, attending both trainings sessions is NOT required
- Regardless of attendance, the fee will not be pro-rated.
- Players can register for and attend Training Centers in multiple cities. A separate registration is required for each city.
- Refund requests must be submitted in writing (email) by the Friday prior to the first date of the Training Center in order to be considered. (Email firstname.lastname@example.org)
WHAT DOES THE FEE COVER?
- State and Regional ODP Coaching Staff on location
- Multiple Training Sessions
- Information Session
- Administrative Staff
- This is NOT ODP Tryouts. A separate registration and a separate fee is required for ODP Tryouts
TRAINING CENTER SCHEDULE - For College Station 11/05/17
8:30 am 2006-2007 Players Check In
8:45 am Parent & Player Meeting w/Coaches
9:00-10:15 am 2006-2007 Training Session #1
10:15 am 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Players Check In
10:30 am Parent & Player Meeting w/Coaches
10:45-Noon 2001-2005 Training Session #1
Lunch (on your own)
1:30-2:45 pm 06-07 Training Session #2
3:00-4:15 pm 01-05 Training Session #2
WHAT TO BRING TO TRAINING
- A BIG Smile
- T-shirt (REMEMBER your yellow shirt!!!)
- NO CLUB APPAREL will be allowed
- Shin guards
- Cleats or turf shoes
- Rain gear in case of inclement weather
- Your best effort
LINKS TO REGISTER