ODP Tryouts for 2018-2019 (watch for November and December 2018 dates)
Use the ODP Programs tabs (at left) to navigate through available ODP information.
Click HERE to review ODP FAQs
The mission of the South Texas Youth Soccer Association Olympic Development Program (ODP) is to identify and train the elite player. This includes providing opportunities for potential region/national players to represent South Texas at upcoming US Youth Soccer Region III events. ODP is a supplement to club and high school soccer, giving players opportunities to play with and against the best, while also providing them exposure at the regional, national, and international levels. ODP tryouts offer players the opportunity to challenge themselves and showcase their talent in a unique environment. The ODP State Staff is comprised of coaches at the club, high school, and college levels. All coaches are nationally licensed and are committed to enhancing the development of each player.
Players eligible for 2018-2019 ODP Season were born in
2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2009
ODP Tryouts for the 2018-2019 season will be held in November & December 2018, and January 2019 in multiple cities across South Texas. Tryout dates and cities are listed below. Players are welcome to tryout on any weekend and in any city.
A tryout may not be split between different weekends.
Players are limited to one tryout.
Click HERE for DAY OF SCHEDULE
See additional information for Round Rock ODP Tryouts below.
The tryout registration fee varies depending on location, but will not be more than $175.
- this fee covers TWO days of ODP Tryouts and
- all subsequent training sessions if the player is selected for the State ODP Training Pool
LATE REGISTRATION: An additional $50 is required for late registrations
ALL REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ELECTRONIC. If you choose to register Saturday or Sunday morning on site before the tryouts begin, you will be asked to do this on your personal mobile device. It is recommended that you register before you arrive at the fields.
Arrive ONE HOUR prior to your first training session to allow time for check in.
What to Bring:
- ***YOUR REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION***
- A Big Smile!
- NO CLUB APPAREL will be allowed during tryouts
- Shin Guards
- Cleats or Turf Shoes
- Water / Gatorade
- Sunscreen is recommended
- Cold weather and rain gear in case of inclement weather
- Your best effort to show us what you can do on the field!
Wear ODP shirt and Bib#:
- Players will receive a white shirt and bib# when they check in.
- Players are REQUIRED to wear the shirt with the bib# (pinned to the middle of the back).
- DO NOT LOSE the shirt or bib#. Players MUST wear the shirt and bib# BOTH Saturday and Sunday.
Players are trying out for a spot in the ODP Training Pool
- This pool of players will train together across multiple weekends in January and February
- These training sessions are included in the tryout registration fee
- The training process includes continued observation and evaluation
- The South Texas State ODP Teams will be selected from this training pool
- Attendance at all pool training sessions is not required; however attendance will be taken into consideration during the state team selection process
Any questions can be email to email@example.com