South Texas Youth Soccer Association (STYSA) hosts a series of Fall Championships and Spring Cups each year that are designed to provide a wide variety of competitions to best fit the skill and ability level of each individual team and group of players. The focus of these competitions is to accomplish the following:
- Determine a Fall Champion in Division II, Super II, and Division III.
- Determine the STYSA State Champion which, in the U14 through U19 groups will represent STYSA at the US Youth Soccer National Championship Series.
- Determine the Presidents Cup Champion which, in the U13 through U17 age groups, will represent STYSA in the Region III Presidents Cup Regional Competition with the other twelve states composing Region III.
- Provide a format where a team doing above average in one level of play may test itself against the next higher level of play.
- Provide a format where teams may enter a STYSA sponsored competition with teams that they may not normally play against.
- Provide a quality competition during a period of the year when other sports may decrease the number of teams playing soccer.
Open entry competitions are open to any South Texas Youth Soccer registered teams wishing to participate.
Restricted entry competitions
are limited to South Texas Youth Soccer registered teams who qualify based on their Fall level of play as defined by South Texas cup rules.
South Texas Spring Cup Manual
South Texas Youth Soccer hosts the following Cup competitions in the Spring (it should be noted that the format and details of each Cup may differ based on the Cup entered and the District in which you play):
US Youth Soccer National Championships
(State/National Cup) and Presidents Cup
is a 3-stage event format (State/Region/National). The first stage begins at the State level in South Texas. The state event consists of District Play (April/May) and a State Finals (May). Winners of the State event advance to the Region III event, then the National event, should they qualify.
(Spring) is a restricted entry event open to Super II, DII, and DIII teams. It is a 2-stage tournament that begins with a District competition (weekend in April), and concludes with a State Tournament (weekend in May) for teams who qualified through the District competition.
South Texas Cup
(Spring) is a restricted entry event open to all DII and DIII teams. South Texas Cup is a 2-stage tournament that begins with a District competition (1st weekend), and concludes with a State Tournament (2nd weekend) for teams who qualified through the District competition.
(fall) play begins within the local Association and then advances to District level play based on an allocation process and concludes with a State Tournament.
Kohl’s American Cup
events will be held on various dates around the state during the spring. Additional information on each of these competitions can be found by clicking on the link above.
GENERAL COMPETITION REQUIREMENTS
- All participants must be properly registered with South Texas Youth Soccer Association.
- All participants must be properly rostered to the team with which they participate.
- A player may participate in only one Cup competition during the year.
- A player may play for only one team in Cup competition.
- South Texas Youth Soccer’s Progressive Disciplinary System applies to all Cup competitions at the state level and below. Penalty points do not accrue in advancement play beyond state competition. However, if an ejection is received in the last game of State play, then the individual must sit out the first game of Regional play.
- In each Cup, each level of play will have its own disciplinary system (D&P). Decisions from the individual disciplinary systems may be appealed to the South Texas Appeals Committee and/or Executive Committee as designated by the South Texas D&P Procedures. If D&P Procedures are not published for a level of play, the South Texas D&P Procedures shall be used.
- For the Cups with restricted entry, the level of play in which the team participated in the immediately preceding fall shall determine the team’s eligibility.
- All teams that wish to participate in Cup play must comply with the registration procedures appropriate for their competition as posted on the South Texas Youth Soccer website, www.stxsoccer.org.