2017 STATE CUP
A US Youth Soccer National Competition
South Texas State Cup, part of the US Youth Soccer National Championships Series, is an open entry competition for top level Division I teams. Top Division I teams are typically defined as teams playing in SRPL or SCL. The competition is open to Under-11 (U11) through Under-20 (U20) boys and girls teams who played in a STYSA Qualifying League. U13 and up will play 11v11 and U11-U12 will play 9v9. South Texas State Cup state champion in the age groups U13 and up will represent South Texas in the US Youth Soccer Southern Regionals, with possible advancement to the National finals. The U11 and U12 age group will finish at the State Championships.
STYSA 2017-2018 Competitions Model
2017 Entry Fee U13-U20: $750 (Includes all competition costs, including advancement to Regionals / Nationals)
2017 Entry Fee U11 & U12: $500
Welcome Letter - CLICK HERE
UPDATE: 3/15 Competitions Manual: CLICK HERE
Game Day Procedures: CLICK HERE - applicable for District Round games (April 29-May 14)
UPDATE: 3/20 Sample Bracket: CLICK HERE
UPDATE: 4/19 - STATE CUP SCHEDULE: CLICK HERE
National Championship Series Rule 242 Section 3 addresses the mandated Limited Substitution rule
- (1) for the Under 11 - Under 14 age groups, unlimited substitutions shall be allowed; and
- (2) Under 15 and up age groups, a maximum of 7 substitutions for each team shall be allowed in each game during each half of play and during overtime play. After leaving the game during a half of play, the substituted player may not re-enter the game during that same half of play. After leaving the game during overtime play, the substituted player may not re-enter the game.
For hotels and reservations, please use the below URL:
Any questions regarding hotels, please direct them to:
TEAM CHECK-IN (Updated 5/23):
FRIDAY, MAY 26 from 7-9pm at the Country Inn & Suites San Marcos - 1560 S Interstate Hwy 35 San Marcos, TX 78666
Each team needs to bring the following listed below. Only one (1) team representative is required at check-in.
- Regional Commitment Form. U13-U19/20 teams (The form is below in the "Documents Needed for check-in")
- Code of Ethics. All Teams (The form is below in the "Documents Needed for check-in")
- Laminated Player Cards. All cards must be laminated, include a photo of the player, and the registrar's signature.
- PLAYER CARDS WILL BE KEPT BY STYSA: at check-in, STYSA will check the player cards and keep them for the duration of the event. They will be returned to the team at the awards presentation following the team's final game.
- LIME GREEN Adult Participation Passes (Kidsafe Pass). These passes are required to be visible AT ALL TIMES on the team sideline. Your LIME GREEN Adult Participation Pass IS your sideline pass. No pass means you cannot be on the player sideline. NO EXCEPTIONS. We will have lanyards available at check-in.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR CHECK-IN:
Region III Commitment Form (Bring to State Finals Check-IN)
Code of Ethics (Bring to State Finals Check-In)
Club Pass FAQ's
Club Pass Request Form - (Deadline Wednesday, May 24th - 12 p.m.) - NOW CLOSED
FIELDS / SCHEDULE
Five Mile Dam Field Map
State Finals Schedule
UPDATED 5/15 :
Non-STYSA/US Youth Soccer Clubs/Teams Integration and Participation in Spring Cups - Requirements/Process - CLICK HERE
South Texas Youth Soccer partners with Successful Sporting Events to help accommodate teams participating in our events. A link to available hotels for the State Finals will be published once locations/hotels are confirmed.
2017 State Finals Location (May 27-29, 2017):
Hosted in the Western District: Five Mile Dam Park (4440 S Old Stagecoach Rd, San Marcos, TX 78666)
2017 GENERAL TIMELINE
January 10, 2017:
State Cup Registration Opens
February 13, 2017:
Transfer Window and Release Deadline for U11 - U14 teams
March 1, 2017:
State Cup Registration Deadline
March 13, 2017:
Transfer Window and Release Deadline for U15-U19/20 teams
March 20, 2017:
State Cup payment deadline (credit card / e-check / check)
April 8/9, 2017:
Open Bracket Play-In Games (if needed) – Exact Date TBA
April 10, 2017:
Roster Freeze Date (new adds only). Roster continuity date for regional/national events.
April 29/30, 2017:
State Cup District Play Dates
May 6/7, 2017:
State Cup District Play Dates
May 13/14, 2017:
State Cup District Play-Off Play Dates
May 20/21, 2017:
State Cup District Rain Dates
May 27-29, 2017:
State Cup Finals Weekend, Location: San Marcos, TX (Five Mile Dam Park)
June 22-29, 2017:
US Youth Soccer Southern Regionals, Location: Greensboro, NC (Bryan Park Soccer Complex)
July 24-30, 2017:
US Youth Soccer National Championships, Location: Frisco, TX (Toyota Soccer Complex)
Additional information regarding State Cup will be published here as it becomes available.
For any questions regarding the South Texas Presidents Cup, please contact Andrew Frisque at the South Texas Youth Soccer state office.