Scroll to bottom for USSF D Course Schedule
- The National "D" license is a 36 to 40-hour course designed for the experienced coach who has already earned a National "E" license. The focus of this course is to improve a coach's ability to positively influence individual players and teams.
Schedule (same both weekends):
- Friday - 5:30pm to 9:00pm
- Saturday - 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Sunday - 8:00am to 5:000pm
- The "D" license course is open to all applicants who hold a U.S. Soccer "E" license for a minimum of 6-months and who are 16 years of age.
What are the key components of the "D" license course?
- Develop the core coaching competencies necessary to effectively teach the 13-14 year old athlete and team.
- Understand the characteristics and needs of an athlete in the Intermediate Stage of U.S. Soccer's Athlete Development Model.
- Build on the foundation of knowledge and experience in order to proceed through the sequence of coaching development courses.
What are the specific target outcomes of the course?
- Teach the Principles of Play in a training environment. (7v7 to 9v9).
- Apply the Principles of Play to functional group roles in a full team system.
- Plan a sequence of training and weekly cycles to complete a season plan.
Phase IV ONLY