U.S. Soccer has announced some new and exciting changes that will go info effect in 2018. To see the U.S. Soccer official announcement click HERE. In addition to the eight (8) new opportunities, the D Course has also been updated in accordance with the revamped approach at the grassroots level.
The National D License remains a 36 to 40-hour course held over the course of 5-10 weeks with a preparation phase, instructional weekend one, developmental phase, and assessment weekend. The overall length of each course may vary from course to course based on facility and player requirements. The focus of this course is to facilitate the improvement of the Grassroots Coach in all 6 Tasks of a Coach: Coaching Games, Coaching Training Sessions, Managing the Performance Environment, Leading the Team, Leading the Player and Leadership. Coaches will also focus on learning how to design, execute and reflect on a P-P-P training session.
Completing a minimum of two in-person courses (one of which must be the 11v11 course) and one of the online courses earns eligibility for taking the D license course.
• If you currently hold an E license: you advance to the D license by completing the cost-free Introduction to Grassroots Coaching module.
• If you currently hold an F license: you advance to the D license by completing the Introduction to Grassroots Coaching module, the 11v11 in-person course, and one additional in-person grassroots course, the 4v4, 7v7 or 9v9.
• If you do not already have a U.S. Soccer license: you advance to the D license course by completing the Introduction to Grassroots Coaching module, the 11v11 in-person course, one other in-person course, and one online Grassroots course.
COST: $375 for BOTH weekends. Coaches must attend both weekends of the course and are not permitted to switch or change their testing weekend.
SCHEDULE: (Subject to change)
- Friday: 5:30pm – 9:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am – 7:00pm
- Sunday: 9:00am – 6:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00am – 7:00pm
- Sunday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Please visit our Upcoming Coaching Course page for current course listings
Questions regarding course content should be mailed to the course instructor using the tools in the DCC.
All other questions should be emailed to Denise Churchill at firstname.lastname@example.org.