2021 Summer GBM Awards
People of the Year
2021 People of the Year Award Nominations will be available in April 2021, stay tuned!
- Coach of the Year
- Scholar Athlete of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- Youth Referee of the Year
Hall of Fame
If you believe an individual is deserving of this honor, please provide a written nomination with supporting documents to the State Office, Attention: South Texas President, and include contact information (phone numbers, e-mail address) where you can be reached during the day. Candidates must have been primarily affiliated with South Texas Youth Soccer and evidence of that must be included with the nomination. Not all who are nominated will qualify to the high standards we measure these few.
Mail nominations to:
South Texas Youth Soccer
2851 Joe DiMaggio Blvd. #23
Round Rock, TX 78665
The Candidate, once nominated, may be admitted pending the review and approval of the South Texas Executive Committee. Induction is done at one of the South Texas Governing Board Summer Meeting.
Candidates may be nominated by any South Texas Member Association, Club, STSR, Hall of Fame member or a South Texas Executive Committee member in the following categories by meeting the listed criteria:
After they have served the youth a minimum of 10 years, in an administrative capacity, at a club, Member Association or higher level in South Texas.
After they have served the youth a minimum of 15 years in a coaching capacity, which should include a combined 10 years of South Texas state level coaching activities:
- ODP coach at the state, regional, or national levels and/or
- Serving as a South Texas Coaching Education instructor.
After they have represented South Texas as a player in more than one of the following:
- as a youth player for at least 10 years
- as a youth player on a Regional or National ODP team,
- as a youth player in Regional or National US Youth competitions,
- received collegiate All-American honors,
- participated at the National team level (youth or adult) for more than 3 years,
- received All-Star status or played 5 or more years in a recognized professional league.
After they have served the youth a minimum of 10 years, in a referee capacity, at the State, Regional or National level and/or served the referee community a minimum of 5 years in an administrative capacity as a member of STSR.
After they have contributed to the success of South Texas youth soccer for a minimum of 5 years through financial contributions, consulting services or partnerships to South Texas, Member Associations or Clubs.